COURSES AND SEMINARS
The ERS Company offers a series of seminars, lectures, and moderated discussions based on the following topics:
1. Electronic Packaging Materials And Structures. Taught at Rutgers University. Designed as a one-semester course.
2. Fundamentals Of Photonics Packaging. Taught at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Designed as a one semester or a three day course.
3. Bonded Assemblies in Micro- and Opto-electronics. Taught at Hong Kong City University. Designed as a three day, one day, or a half day course.
4. Mechanical Behavior Of Polymeric And Nano-Materials For Micro- And Opto- Electronic Applications. Teaching at IEEE ECTC annual events . Designed as a half day or a one day course.
5. Microelectronic And Photonic Structures And Packages: Physical Design For Reliability. Teaching at IEEE ECTC and OFC annual events. Designed as a one semester course, three day course, or a one day course.
6. Fiber Optics Structures: Design For Reliability. Taught at IEEE ECTC and OFC annual events. Designed as a one day or a two day course; but could be also a one semester course.
7. Thermal Stress Failures In Microelectronics And Photonics: Modeling, Prediction And Prevention. Taught and teaching at the ECTCs, at European Therminics, at the DOE NREL. Designed as a one semester course, or a one day course).
8. Predictive Modeling Of The Mechanical Behavior Of Materials In Microelectronic And Photonic Packaging. Taught and teaching at ECTCs. Designed as a one semester course, or a three day course, a two day course, or a one day course.
9. Dynamic Response of Microelectronics & Photonics Systems to Shocks And Vibrations: Prediction & Optimization. Taught at ECTC conferences, ECTC-Singapore, MicroNanoReliability Symposium (Germany). Course will be presented at INTEL, International Conference on on Portable Electronics. Designed as a one semester course, a one, two or three day course.
10. Plastic Packages Of IC Devices: Design For Reliability. Teaching at ECTC events. Designed as a one or two day course.
11. Shock Protection Of Portable Electronics. Teaching at ECTC events. Designed as a one day course.
12. Fundamentals Of Reliability Engineering: Probabilistic Methods And Modeling. Teaching at ECTC annual events. A semester course is offered at UCSC. Designed as a one semester course, or a three day course.
13. Applied Probability For Engineers: Fundamentals And Applications. Designed as a one semester course, or a three day course.
14. Accelerated Testing In Microelectronics: Methodologies And Pitfalls. Previously taught at several European, US and Asian conferences. Designed as a one, two or three day course.
15. Theory Of Spectra With Applications In Engineering And Physics. Previously taught at various Russian events and will be updated base on Dr. Suhir’s book “Applied Probability For Engineers And Scientists”, McGraw-Hill, 1997. Designed as a one semester, or a three day course
16. Challenges In Engineering: A Short Course For Engineering Students And Young Engineers. Previously taught at several universities and high schools. Designed as a two hour course.